Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte Billing Issues

jimgsabbatini
Level 3

How many people are having issues with Lacerte Billing ? Every year in December I prepay an amount on my REP usually in the amount of $3500-3700. Last year I paid $3700 in December and they applied it to their old accounting system so they wanted to refund the amount. I asked them to just credit it to my account. They could not do it. So they wanted me to send another check, I said refund my check and I will ach the amount once I receive your check. However they will not send the the check for 30 days but wanted me to pay now. They already had my money and were going to deny me REP. 

Now two months ago I owed them .01 cent and received a bill for $01. I just dismissed and thought I would pay it next month. Then I receive an email saying they were going to cutoff my REP processing and guess what they did for 1 cent. I call them and said every year I prepay my REP for the last 20 years and I have a credit balance in my REP until July or August. They apologized but they make you stay on the line with them until they can get a manager to authorize the $.01 write off.

So I think everything is okay and now I get a bill for $50 reconnect penalty and .$.86 Unpaid balance fee which must be on the 1 Cent. How Ridiculous !!!

0 Cheers