Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte and ZoomText 2019

Highlighted
Level 2

We have at our firm a tax preparer that utilizes ZoomText software (distributed by Freedom Scientific) that allows him to magnify a monitor's output to assist those with vision impairment.  We have been using that software in tandem with Lacerte and all of our Intuit products for many years and without difficulty.  For 2020 and using the Lacerte 2019 software, we are unable to simultaneously use the ZoomText software and Lacerte at the same time.  When we attempt to do so, the numbers and letters would drastically change in size, font style, and readability.   This would also extend beyond the monitor display as when we would print it would replicate the same.  A response from Freedom Scientific stated "We are not sure how it would work with ZT.  Typically most of the Inuit programs historically has not been very accessible for assitive technologies and we got feedback from customers years ago that contacted Inuit and it seemed like they were not willing to do much to help us at the time to help make the programs accessible." I am unable to find a direct email to support so i can send further information regarding our computer set up and our business contact seems to be changing every three months so we have no idea who we need to talk to regarding this matter.  Any assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

- Andrew

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
Level 15

Have you tried Windows Magnifier? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11542/windows-use-magnifier-to-make-things-easier-to-see It may perform the same function. 

The best way to talk to Lacerte Support is to use Ctrl + L and start a "ticket".

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 2

I'll try it out and keep you updated.  Thanks, sir. 

0 Cheers