Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte 2019/2020 issue

LGC
Level 1

When we complete our tax returns, we lock them.  When I transferred our clients from 2019 to 2020, I did not unlock them.  One of our clients transferred incorrectly.  In 2020, only the taxpayer's name appears and the spouse's name did not transfer (she is not deceased and it should have transferred).  When this was noticed, I opened this client in 2019 to look it.  When I opened the locked file in 2019, it opened as a completely different client.  So, I unlocked this client and when I opened it again, it opened as the correct client.  So, I transferred it again to 2020 and it transferred correctly with both names.  Has this happened to anyone else?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
NTCLINDA
Level 3

This same thing happened to one of our clients.  I copied the client and unlocked it and it was OK.  Then I proforma'd it and it was fine.  I did report this issue.  It is one of those glitches that no one has an answer for.  Lacerte tries to blame it on our antivirus software but that is not the issue.

LGC
Level 1

We have had this issue with three clients now.  Have you had anymore issues?  Lacerte could not give me any answers.

0 Cheers