Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kaspersky deleting commgr20.dll and commgr19.dll Lacerte no contact with Lacerte

Drphibes
Level 7

Kaspersky keeps trying to delete these two file from Programfiles x86/common files/Lacerte Shared which, once deleted, won't allow the 2019 and 2020 to communicate with Lacerte.  Just spent 2.5 hrs on the phone with Lacerte to determine Kaspersky eliminated them.  Just letting everyone know.  No other years comm file affected.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Drphibes
Level 7

Yup, in the end had to turn off Kaspersky file protection, force web install the 2019 and 2020 programs (which replaces the commgr19.dll and commgr20.dll) not startup the programs or restart the computer, go to Kaspersky and find the file exceptions part of the program and navigate to the two .dlls and identify them as not to be scanned, turn the file protection back on and then restart the computer.  After all fired up the communications work as expected and no Kaspersky auto delete or warnings.  It's always something...

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

You are braver than I am comrade.  A Russian software protecting American computers these days?   

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Is there a way to tell Kaspersky that those 2 files are safe?

Ex-AllStar
Drphibes
Level 7

Yup, in the end had to turn off Kaspersky file protection, force web install the 2019 and 2020 programs (which replaces the commgr19.dll and commgr20.dll) not startup the programs or restart the computer, go to Kaspersky and find the file exceptions part of the program and navigate to the two .dlls and identify them as not to be scanned, turn the file protection back on and then restart the computer.  After all fired up the communications work as expected and no Kaspersky auto delete or warnings.  It's always something...

Natalie
Level 2

I sent Kaspersky an email and link to this discussion.  Hopefully they'll fix it, so others don't have to take hours finding the solution.

0 Cheers
RDW1
Level 1

Was Kaspersky able to fix your issue?

0 Cheers
Natalie
Level 2

I'm still working with Kaspersky on this.  They asked me to send them the two files in question, i.e., commgr19.dll and commgr20.dll, but the software deletes them when I try to send as an attachment.  My next attempt is to turn off Kaspersky and then send the files.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Considering it's a historic day in Ukraine, I feel compelled to point out that Kaspersky is owned by a Russian oligarch who, like his friend the Russian president, was trained by the KGB.   For some people, that's reason enough not to do business with him, even if you can trust his employees not to know all the secrets of hacking your data.  

0 Cheers
Natalie
Level 2

Point taken.  What security package do you use?

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

That's the first thing a hacker would want to know about me.  

0 Cheers
Drphibes
Level 7

commgr21.dll is also affected on my machine and had to add that as an exception as well.

0 Cheers
Natalie
Level 2

FWIW, Kaspersky said these files were ID'd as false positives as trojans and that they have fixed the problem.