Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K1 Line 20 with Z* code and STMT reference

CBX
Level 2

Where do I look to see what caused code Z* to show up on Form 1065 Schedule K1 line 20?

I've got partner losses and no special credit allocations but the Z* code shows up in line 20 and references a STMT but without a statement number.

I'm directed to screen 20.1 (credits) but there are no credits and there is nothing to edit in screen 20.1; it is blank because I don't have any fuel credits, other credits or credits for holders of bonds.).

Thanks,

CB

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
PKCPAMST
Level 5

Code Z on Line 20 of Form 1065, Schedule K-1 is triggered by a Sec. 199A transaction. Start by looking at 1099-DIVs which might have Sec. 199A dividends.

0 Cheers
CBX
Level 2

Thanks, looking now.

0 Cheers
PKCPAMST
Level 5

When you look at a partner's K-1, do you see a statement titled QBI Statement A?

CBX
Level 2

Yes, I see it. It shows the loss. I was looking for a schedule z or statement z instead of statement A. Thanks

PKCPAMST
Level 5

Basically, Code 20Z gets reported on Statement A.

Lawaigirl
Level 1

I have almost the same question.  I have code Z with STMT after it.  I don't see a statement A as was suggested in other topics related to this.  I have what looks like a 199A information, box 20 , code Z.

On the very last page there is a section 199A -Unadjusted basis of assets with a number 2,263.  Anyone know how I am to fill out the K-1 information??

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Are you preparing a 1040 that has this K-1?

Or are you preparing a 1065?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Lawaigirl
Level 1

A 1040

0 Cheers
Lawaigirl
Level 1

Just checking in to see if there are any answer's.  I am filing my 1040 tax returns ( an accountant does our business taxes and I have a K-1 report from that)

I just can't figure out how to get around the STMT

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Ex-AllStar