Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I receiving popup message "Process e-file "Clientname resetting"?

jcarney
Level 1

I had a problem e-filing this client's individual return.  I received message that Lacerte needed to be update.  I did the update.  Then I was able to e-file the return.  I did have to clear the queue of the attempts that did not work.  Now I continually received popup saying "Process e-file - "Clientname - resetting"

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

It sounds like something is stuck in the Queue folder. If you were to type in the search box in the upper right of Lacerte "queue" and click on Search it would bring up this knowledge base for you:

Unable to Remove EFile from Queue Data is Currently Being Sent From Another Workstation

Renaming the Queue folder usually fixes this however, if it does not, please let me know.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

It sounds like something is stuck in the Queue folder. If you were to type in the search box in the upper right of Lacerte "queue" and click on Search it would bring up this knowledge base for you:

Unable to Remove EFile from Queue Data is Currently Being Sent From Another Workstation

Renaming the Queue folder usually fixes this however, if it does not, please let me know.

0 Cheers
rambem
Level 3
I was having the same message as jcarney.  I had a batch of returns that were filed and accepted, but I think an update was becoming available at the same time that the efile process began.  Everytime I exited a client's detail to the list of clients, I would get the "Process e-file - Clientname - resetting".  Stange thing is that these clients that were being "reset" were final, had been accepted by the IRS and none of them were showing up in the queue.  Renaming the Queue folder did the trick though.  Thanks Kathi!
0 Cheers