Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the 2018 Individual module, on Schedule 1 I have an adjustment to income amount on line 36; where does this show up on page 2 of the 1040?

laura
Level 1

Where does line 36 on schedule 1 flow to page 2 of the 1040?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chrisposey1
Level 1
I actually found the answer.  The program adds line 36 to line 6 on pg 2 of the 1040.  It is not clear, but that is what the program does.  The explanation is next to line 7 on pg 2 of the 1040.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
chrisposey1
Level 1
I actually found the answer.  The program adds line 36 to line 6 on pg 2 of the 1040.  It is not clear, but that is what the program does.  The explanation is next to line 7 on pg 2 of the 1040.
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7

It does not appear that it shows up at all. Edit: the draft 1040 Sch 1 does not tell you what to do with it either. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I remember the bridge to nowhere and now Lacerte has an entry to nowhere.  It's going to be a long tax season.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
Everybody around here was saying I was a fool for not semi-retiring before the new tax laws came in to effect this year. I am beginning to believe them.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Yeah....I'm getting the same comments.  And I'm starting to think I should be listening.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I never back away from a challenge.  Of course I am going to lock up all of my guns, knifes, explosives, scissors, and sharp pencils before January ------------------ you can't be too safe.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
Unbelievable, there it is. Why did they have to mess with what we had before that we kinda understood??
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
@chrisposey1  - click on the little downward triangle on the right and change this to an answer.  It'll help future searchers...
And thanks!
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't do Lacerte, but if it was me, I would enter a big number on the schedule so it's easy to track as to where it pops up on the 1040.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
It really isn't Lacerte.Wait until you see the wonderful world of the 2018 Form 1040. UGH!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers