Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Fixed Assets in the 990 Module

NicoleCPA
Level 1

Is anyone else experiencing problems with fixed asset additions and disposals in the 990 module? For the past couple of weeks it seems that Lacerte is not accounting for cost basis for purposes of Part VIII line 7b, the balance sheet, or Schedule D.  It is happening to every client in out 990 module. 

For example, on one client they sold a building for $625,000, but the gain is coming out as $748,691 because it is only "disposing" of the accumulated depreciation and selling costs and ignoring the actual original cost of the land and building. 

We put in a support ticket. After about an hour and a half spent on the phone between me and another staff, they are stating that it is working and that line 7b is calculated from the 990 instructions and told me which page to go read. It's complete madness. Hoping someone else can confirm that they are also having issues so I can hold out hope that this will get patched eventually. Otherwise, my next step with support is a "calculation challenge" where I have to prove that their number is incorrect...and apparently "just look at the number, it doesn't make any sense" is not sufficient.

Mostly just seeking a sanity check here, but hoping for a competent miracle worker from Intuit to stumble on the post.  

0 Cheers