Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue printing or creating pdf of 2018 1040 after the extender update

Highlighted
Level 2

I don't know if it has to do with the most recent extender update, but I cannot send a 2018 1040 to the printer or create a pdf copy without unchecking all the e-file boxes.  If I don't the e-file validation window pops up and kills the printing.  And these are all returns that have already been e-filed. I see there is a new diagnostic that says "Returns with Schedule A attached are not currently being accepted for electronic filing due to IRS extenders....... but what the heck?  I've already e-filed and finalized these months ago and just want to print a copy.  So now I have to unlock the return, uncheck the e-file boxes and then it will work.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
Level 1

Sorry that you're having this issue. I just checked my 2018 program and it will only print the Form 8879, letter and invoice if the e-file boxes are checked. There seems to be a glitch in the program that is causing it. I'm having the same trouble in the 2019 program although that is also displaying a message about state forms not being available although all of them are available, so it is something that Lacerte really needs to address ASAP.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

I just wanted to say thanks because I tried unchecking the e-file boxes in the 2019 Lacerte Program and was finally able to print the government copy of the return. It never occurred to me to try that.

0 Cheers