Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to not print the new California's Agency Disclosure Statement which is totally and completely meaningless!

Highlighted

Labels (1)
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

The required one?  It should only be printing with the client copy, right?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

By what regulation is this required to be provided to our client? It is clearly designed to be read by the end user of the software, not by a client receiving the product of that software.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Im just reading the top of the form that says

"State Required Information

The California Franchise Tax Board requires the following information to be presented to all taxpayers:"

(or are you referring to something else?)

So I'm guessing that the FTB has required Intuit to add this to the client copy for all CA returns.

If you are choosing to not present it to your clients, you can make it not print in the Print Options > Control Which Form Print and mark it to Never.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Lacerte does not print a form, only a "Disclosure Statement", without the wording you mentioned. This statement does not show up separately as a an item that can be suppressed.  

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Ok, were talking about 2 different things then, sorry.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

Under "Options" (but for unknown reasons, NOT under "Master Options"), on the "Items to Print" tab. Select Client copy on the left then navigate to "General" in the Print Order pane. There is a checkbox for "Agency Disclosure Statements" you can uncheck. I did this for a PA client but I assume it should be the same for CA.

Highlighted
Level 2

Thanks! That worked for California. Hopefully, Lacerte will get that added to the Master Options menu soon.

0 Cheers