Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to insert a row in between two rows in the detail screens?

Bsettanni
Level 1

I previously discovered while using 2013 Lacerte that I could insert a row in-between two rows when inputting data in the detail screen by going to "detail" at the very top of the screen, "cut property" and then "paste property" on the line that I wanted it to be above. This was very helpful considering I had a lot of rows to input. However, when I tried doing this in 2020 Lacerte it didn't work. It pasted the "property" at the last row every time. Not sure if this feature was removed with an update, or is there another way to do it?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

I have never noticed that before, but I have only used the program for 30 years. I see it does appear for some items, but is greyed out for others. What type of detail were you using this with?

It is not unusual for Lacerte to remove some useful features when the new year program shows up. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Bsettanni
Level 1

I was using this feature when inputting form 706 schedule B in 2013 Lacerte

I'm currently trying to use it for the same schedule in 2020 Lacerte, but it's not working the same way. I was wondering if the feature was removed completely, or maybe there's another way to do it.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I just tried your "trick" in the 2013 to learn how it worked. I then went to a sample client in 2020 and it worked. 

It took me a while to figure out that you needed to select the detail from list prior to starting the process, but it is a slick feature. Old dog - New tricks. It was years before I learned that Lacerte formatted phone numbers and I didn't have to do the () and -.

I used sample client ESTATE01 (you can get it using Ctrl + R from C:\LACERTE\20TAX\DEMODATA ) I have 41.0721. 

Possibly a Windows update has messed with yours. I have Windows 10, version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns