Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to install Lacerte on a computer with NO internet access?

dantaxman52
Level 2

I have figured out how to transfer the prep file for 2020 and the program has been successfully installed from a CD.  When opening the program for the first time I get the error message "ouauth.platform.intuit.com."   How do I resolve this?

dan

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

"How do I resolve this?"

Get hooked up to the internet?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think you'll have to be connected to the internet at least to complete the install and licensing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Chicken, may I introduce egg. See linked Help Article for more detail ↓

NOTE: Before you can "sign in offline", you must first log in to Lacerte while connected to the internet. This will cache your login credentials on the computer that will be working offline. After this has occurred, you will no longer need an internet connection to login to Lacerte. However, once your password expires, you will need to connect to the Internet and login to Lacerte which will allow the system to cache credentials again.

Login to Lacerte While Working Offline

“Chicken” and “egg” meant for illustration purposes only not to be taken literally nor figuratively and in no way meant to disparage any/all current, future and potential readers/interpretations, known/unknown nor endorsement/disparagement of lifestyle including said chicken or egg nor lifestyle based on deletion of aforementioned egg/chicken nor slight of presently existing chicken or egg - merely a play on words. which came first the chicken or the egg

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪