Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone experiencing incorrect due dates being assigned to their clients?

jdreivers
Level 2

The majority of our clients are Massachusetts residents, which should mean that the due date is 4-17-19.  However, I have some Mass residents showing a 4-15-19 date, others with 4-17-19, and most with 4-18-19.  For non-Mass residents, there seems to be an even mix of due dates showing as either 4-15-19 and 4-17-19. Customer service has no explanation for this.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

The Due Date will be incorrect if the client database needs to be updated. In Lacerte if you were to type in the search box in the upper right 'update database' and click Search it would bring you to this knowledge base article:

How to update client database with proper amounts when detail has changed

If a return is locked, it would have to be unlocked to update the client database. We recommend making a copy before unlocking. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
Could you tell me if you are seeing this on your Clients list?
0 Cheers
jdreivers
Level 2
I am.
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

The Due Date will be incorrect if the client database needs to be updated. In Lacerte if you were to type in the search box in the upper right 'update database' and click Search it would bring you to this knowledge base article:

How to update client database with proper amounts when detail has changed

If a return is locked, it would have to be unlocked to update the client database. We recommend making a copy before unlocking. 
0 Cheers
jdreivers
Level 2
I've never run that particular update, and am unfamiliar with what it will do to the data.  So, just to be clear ... do I update the entire client database, including clients where detail information has already been entered? If not, how do I know which clients to select and which to leave alone?
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
In Lacerte if you have the due date column added to your client's list, and they are incorrect if you were to highlight those that are affected, it would update the due date to the correct date. The update client database will update incorrect information that you may be seeing like if invoicing fees were incorrect or if I had a column for a schedule E or C added to the Client tab and the return was not showing that it contained this, the update database would fix this.
0 Cheers