Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

irs rejection code R0000-900-01, the IRS is expecting a filing type other than Fiduciary for this EIN

pat
Level 5

I attempted to e-file 3 trust returns on Friday, 2/12/2021 - opening day for 2020 e-file season. I have the SS-4's for each of the EINs and verified that each says a 1041 should be filed for each and each of the EINs are correct. All 3 were rejected by the IRS with the code listed above.

Opening day jitters? Or do I really have to call the IRS when they reopen tomorrow?

TIA,

Pat

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would try the practitioner hotline https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/practitioner-priority-service-r#:~:text=Our%20Practitioner%20P....

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
pat
Level 5

Thanks. I found instructions for this code that say to call the Business Specialty Tax Line. Which is fine, I have attempted to re-file and will see if the system gets "smarter" in the next 3 days.

Not off to a good start for 2020 - these were my first returns for the season...

0 Cheers
pat
Level 5

FYI there is a number to call for EIN assistance: 800-829-4933

The EINs of my trusts had to be reactivated because they were issued in the 80s and 90s and the 2020 return is the first and final. I now have to wait 10 business days for the reactivation to process before I can attempt to re-efile the returns. 

mfamily
Level 1

hey pat, i am getting same message but i have a new EIN that clearly says file a 1041.  did the IRS fix everything over the phone for you?

0 Cheers
pat
Level 5

As my post says my EINs were so old they had to be reactivated. Once I called the IRS number for EINs they reactivated all 3 and after 10 days I was able to successfully file all 3 trusts. THE IRS EIN number is posted above. Keep trying.