Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid E-Signature: "Document has been altered or corrupted since it was signed."

machatz
Level 3

I am admittedly in over my head when it comes to the mechanics behind e-signature, but I am at a loss with regards to the error message I have received every time I download my 8879s:  "Document has been altered or corrupted since it was signed."  I have no idea how this is possible when all I am doing is opening the document after downloading it.  When given the option to compare the current version to the signed version, Adobe either crashes OR I get a message saying that the pages are identical and there are no differences.

Can someone please tell me if this is a Lacerte issue (as the originator of the 8879s), a Docusign issue, an Adobe issue, or maybe a non-issue.  Any insight is greatly appreciated.  I'm hesitant to try for obtaining POAs with e-signature until I can get my head around this.  

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here