Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link

RenaCPA
Level 2

A Client contacted me saying that when he logged into Intuit Link to upload documents (which he has used for the past few years) - he got an error message that he had to be invited.  I haven't had to invite clients after the initial invite in the past.  

He also said he couldn't find his past years info on it any longer either.  

However, when I log in to Link - I can see his prior year info and it says the invitation has been accepted.  So on my end it all seems to look good but on his it doesn't seem to. Does anyone know why this might be the case?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
itonewbie
Level 15

For clients who had previously accepted your invitation, you still need to initiate a request each year to "connect" their Intuit Link account to yours again.  By doing so, your client will get a TY2020 folder (or whatever you want to call it) and the TY2020 Questionnaire as well as Document Checklist will be populated for your client to complete.

If you not clear about how it works, you can follow the instructions in the "To send a Link organizer from 2020 Lacerte" section of the article below.

You should remind your client to click on the button in your invitation email (which contains a token) and use the same email address to which the invitation was sent (which should be automatically filled out when the browser is opened) when logging into Intuit Link for the first time for TY2020 instead of accessing Intuit Link directly.  This will ensure the connection is activated and avoid various other issues.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/tax-organizer/help/using-intuit-link-in-lacerte/00/5170

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
RenaCPA
Level 2

Is this new this year?  As I have not ever had to do that in the past.  If they had accepted and used it in prior years, they were always able to get in and upload to the new year without anything sent from me.

itonewbie
Level 15

No, this is not new.  It has worked the same way every year.  Fundamental to Intuit Link in its design is that data and documents are segregated by tax years.  Unless you invite your client to the current year and your client accepts that invite, there'll be no current year folder or requests for your client.

What is possible is that your clients could have uploaded current year documents and added to prior year responses in the prior year folder but that's unlikely because it would be very messy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
RenaCPA
Level 2

strange cuz that has never happened to me before.  I have had clients post in the wrong years folder once or twice but I haven't ever had them tell me that they couldn't get in until I invited them again. 

I don't like the checklist and organizer piece of the Link and therefore don't usually use it.  it is too clunky and hard to read so I always remove that when I initially invite a client and again I've never had to re-invite before. 

But I will give that a try I guess.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I don't disagree with you that Intuit Link is clunky or with your opinion about the Questionnaire and Document Checklist.

When I used Intuit Link, I only used it to dispatch our own organizers and collate responses for OSI.  Even then, you need the invite to create that segregation between tax years.

I have since joined others who ditched Intuit Link in favor of portals that are more user-friendly and flexible but do keep up with its development.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
CarolA
Level 1

Hello, I would like to know what service you switched to in lieu of "LINK"

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

There are tons of options out there from big names to smaller players.  Some use SmartVault, others use Sharefile, we use VeriFyle, and there are a few here who use Encyro.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers