Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link

jvb1
Level 2

1. A client is invited to Intuit link in 2016 and uploads some documents.

2. I invite a the same client again in 2020 and the documents the client uploaded for 2016 show up in the 2020 documents list.  "From You".

3. This is bizarre.  How do I remove documents from a prior year.   I don't mind seeing 2016 documents when I am in Tax Year 2016.  But do I mind seeing 2016 documents when I am in Tax Year 2020.

4. If you are confused, so am I.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

I can see why you're confused because it's not supposed to happen.  I don't see that under my account for Intuit Link and haven't seen others complaining about that either.  Maybe an anomaly with how that particular client's files were indexed.

Did you see those TY2016 documents under TY2019 in the Documents tab under Shared by you?  Or are those under From your client?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
jvb1
Level 2

thank you.

I see those TY2016 documents under TY2019 in the Documents tab under "From your Client", that is a good question.

I checked on other clients and I not see this issue, it's only a problem for the one client.

And truth be told, it was a test I used in 2016 on me, as a client.  So something went wrong back then.

In summary, I checked on other clients and this is not an issue.

Thanks

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Glad to hear it's only related to one client.  Something on the backend in relation to indexing must have gone wrong.  Hopefully, you won't see more of that - fingers crossed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers