Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link Lacerte - How to Invite Business Clients

SJBean4
Level 1

It seems pretty easy to invite clients from the 1040 module, but I don't see that you can use the same process for business clients (1120, 1120S, 1065) - is that correct?  There's no option to invite the client using Lacerte, so does that mean the business clients need to be manually added to Intuit Link and invited from there?  That also means there's no Intuit Link column in those modules to track the client progress???

Thanks.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

Maybe you've already tried.  If not, follow the instructions under "To send a Link organizer from 2020 Lacerte".

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/tax-organizer/help/using-intuit-link-in-lacerte/00/5170

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
SJBean4
Level 1

Those instructions only work in the 1040 module.  The "Invite Client to Intuit Link" option under Tools, Intuit Link is greyed out.  And even if you add the Intuit Link column to your main display, the column says "N/A", not a hyperlink to Invite the client...

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Sorry, haven't tried that myself.  Based on previous discussions here, most don't use Link to collect data from business client, especially since it is a new functionality.  If you'd like to do batch invitation, your best bet is to contact Support for guidance.  It'd be good if you could then also share what the proper process is so that everyone here can learn from your experience.  Cheers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would wait for the 2021 release next week before I would have any expectation of things to work properly. I would not waste time on a support call until after that. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/product-delivery/help/lacerte-release-dates/00/102913

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
RobynK
Level 3

Did you ever get an answer to this?  It seems ridiculous that the same functionality isn't available for all tax types.  For now, I'll just invite business clients directly from Link, but I very much hope Intuit gets this fixed quickly.  I haven't quite figured out how to attach Link clients to Lacerte clients if I originally invited them to Link (before having them set up in Lacerte), so if anyone has any answers to that, it would be helpful.  Particularly if we actually have to do it this way for every business client.

Thanks for any help!