Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link Client Deactivation or Deletion

curt1
Level 4

I have clients showing up twice in Intuit Link with same email address.  I read that client deletion is not an option (boo!), so how do I uninvite a client who hasn't been invited and then deactivate them?  

Thanks!

p.s.  Please allow users to delete clients in Intuit Link

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Duplication shouldn't occur unless, somehow, you had multiple records of the same client in the tax product(s) you used at some point in time.

If you are absolutely, positively, 100% sure which record in Link is a duplicate that should be "deactivated", so to speak (but not technically as you'll see what I mean), and that duplication does not exist in your tax product (i.e. ProSeries), there is a function in Link you can use.

1. Click on the gear icon on the top-right corner next to your company name;
  2. Select Firm > Manage Clients;
  3. On the line of your duplicate client, click on Mark as Inactivate under the ACTIONS column; and
  4. Read the warning in the popup and click on the Yes, mark as Inactive button.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

Duplication shouldn't occur unless, somehow, you had multiple records of the same client in the tax product(s) you used at some point in time.

If you are absolutely, positively, 100% sure which record in Link is a duplicate that should be "deactivated", so to speak (but not technically as you'll see what I mean), and that duplication does not exist in your tax product (i.e. ProSeries), there is a function in Link you can use.

1. Click on the gear icon on the top-right corner next to your company name;
  2. Select Firm > Manage Clients;
  3. On the line of your duplicate client, click on Mark as Inactivate under the ACTIONS column; and
  4. Read the warning in the popup and click on the Yes, mark as Inactive button.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
taxladies
Level 2

In the Link program I do not have FILE\Manage Clients

0 Cheers