Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit eSignature for Corporations/ Partnerships - Release Date?

GeoffSFC
Level 1

Can anyone tell me when we will be able to access the intuit eSignature service through Lacerte for Corporations & Partnerships?

The eSignature service works fine in the indiviudual module, but the "Intuit eSignature" option under the E-File menu is blanked out in the Corporate and Partnership modules. Is there a firm release date on when we can expect this option to go live?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

As far as I know IRS has not approved esignature as a valid method for business returns.

ex-AllStar
GeoffSFC
Level 1

Thank you for the response, and I am sure that you are correct regarding IRS acceptance of eSignatures for Corporations.

However, our firm would still like to be able to send engagement letters and other non-authorization forms to our corporate clients through Lacerte. I was told by a Lacerte rep that we would be able to send engagement letters to our corporate clients through the system. 

Do you think we will not be able to access any eSignature services outside of the Individual module in Lacerte?

Thanks again for the help. 

0 Cheers