Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing old Lacerte version problems

Level 1

Okay, has anyone else had this aggravation with Lacerte support and found a way around it?...

In addition to our regular practice we do a lot of forensic and tax resolution work that requires access to our old versions of Lacerte. We had an older computer that was our go-to for this but it gave up the ghost and we are attempting to reinstall 2000 through 2003 and having no success whatsoever. Hitting errors such as the drive not mapped... when it is mapped.. and the prep file not found... when it is indeed in the directory via a fresh download... etc.  

We called Lacerte support and they attempted to use the Lacerte Tool Hub which did not help in any way. And, it only "helps" (yeah, right) back to 2002 anyway.  

While the support rep was nice enough and did what she could we were told that they are only able to help with 2018 and forward... WTH?  

This may be the straw that moves us to UltraTax CS who has already provided us with free older versions to try and help.  But, sure would like to avoid a switch at this later in the year date.

Any tips or suggestions for installing 2002 or prior? So far, Lacerte support has been anything but supportive.

Thanks!

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

The process is to download a CD image and then burn a CD to install from that CD. You can download from your "My Account" You can get all the way back to 1990

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/mount-burn-iso-files-windows

Start by creating your program folder C:\Lacerte\00tax and  C:\Lacerte\01tax etc and copying the appropriate prep file to it. Then run the install from the CD Created. 

Come back if  you have problems.

download 01.JPGdownload 02.JPGdownload 03.JPG

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
sjrcpa
Level 15

Who still has a computer with a CD drive?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Okay - You can burn an ISO to a USB.
Actually I just not a new PC with a CD Drive, but remember than I am elderly and slow to change.

sjrcpa
Level 15

I didn't know you could still get them that way.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

It is sort of weird. It is sideways in the box, so I won't work as a cup holder like the old ones did.