Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect EFIN in preparer file

barbatgaeg
Level 2

we have 2 firms/efins for our Lacerte package. One of our Intuit account lists our firm's EFIN correctly, but the downloaded/installed preparer file for that firm contains the duplicate EFIN of our primary firm, yet all the other information is correct, address, contact, etc.  This firm/efin has been used since 2016, and is correct in all our prior year Lacerte modules.  Any other time we've had issues with the detail in the prep files, we've contacted support, they made the changes, and then provided a corrected prep file to download and apply.  but this time Lacerte support advised the only way to correct our data file was to upload our IRS approval letter again to get the preparer file updated.  I was on the phone for over an hour, and I'm wondering if any of you know a more 'direct' method of resolving this simple request to them.  Thank you in advance.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
sjrcpa
Level 15

No. Intuit seems to require proof of the EFIN from the IRS.

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15
barbatgaeg
Level 2

thank you for the link.

Our firm shows 'approved', ready to e-file and the correct efin in our account manager page.  that is what makes me wonder why we need to upload this again.  but I will put my shoulder into here and give everything a try.

0 Cheers
barbatgaeg
Level 2

I gave it one last go with support, and it has been determined that this is an issue that others have now reported experiencing, so got it 'ticketed' and will be corrected with a future update

HR-CPA
Level 2

I had a similar issue (I think).  We had a name and address change.  I uploaded the updated IRS e-file application to Lacerte and they approved the changes.  They are even reflected correctly in my account when I log in.  However, they didn't tell me how the change will occur in the software.  Hoping the next update will take care of it as I don't want to spend a chunk of the day on the phone with Lacerte.

George4Tacks
Level 15
update your prep file for every year.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns