Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time user of Lacerte....how do I print a blank tax organizer? I don't have clients yet but want to give a blank organizer to my new clients.

stephloghry
Level 1

When I go to Tools, Organizer, a message pops up....If you need to print an Organizer based on 2017 return data, please verify that you have installed the 2017 Proforma CD and launch this feature from the 2017 Tax Program. 

2018 is the first year I am using the software, therefore there is nothing to proforma. I simply want to print a blank organizer. Please help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

2018 Organizers are printed from the 2017 software. You should be able to download 2017 Lacerte,

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
sjrcpa
Level 15

2018 Organizers are printed from the 2017 software. You should be able to download 2017 Lacerte,

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
stephloghry
Level 1
I did try to do it from 2017, but because I have no clients it does not work. I get the message from above with 2016 replacing the 2017s.
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Set up a dummy client. Then try to print a blanl Organizer

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Or, change the data path to the "DemoData" and try it from there?
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
If all you want is to print a blank organizer, you should be able to do so by going to Tools / Organizers and from the Popup, choose Organizer / Print Paper Organizer / Blank Organizers, then select the pages and state(s) to include.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
:+1::+1:

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Do you have clients? If so, create their 2017 returns so that you can (a) get used to the program and (b) proforma (transfer) those clients with proper carry overs to 2018. You can create and check depreciation and the state return that goes with it.  You might also be able to use the Lacerte conversion from other software. https://proconnect.intuit.com/lacerte/getting-started/data-conversion/

No Clients? Create a dummy return with typical starter items like name, dependent, wage, interest, dividend and Schedule A. Use this dummy to print organizers. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
stephloghry
Level 1
That is a good point! And I'm entering one return now. However, I cannot view the forms because I pay per return. I'm not going to pay the fee to enter all my prior year client returns. Is there a work around for that????
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Use all 9's for the SSN - you'll still be asked to REP, but there won't actually be a charge. And if there is, customer support will reverse it.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
:+1: to the all 9's. That works for EIN in business returns, also.:+1:

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers