Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idaho apportioned income % not matching input?

Hi there,

I am working on a final estate return. All income is Idaho source long-term capital gains from a property sale.

There are 8 heirs and this is the final return. Three heirs are Washington residents, all other are Idaho. 

The gains are divided evenly among the 8 heirs. I have entered 12.5 in each of the ordinary, short-term, and long-term input fields in screen 7 - Distribution Percentages. 

The figures are coming out correctly on the federal K-1, however, I had to enter the figures for the Idaho apportioned income in screen 43 - Schedule K-1 Overrides/Misc. (No tax is being withheld or paid on behalf of the heirs.)

So the dollar amounts on the Idaho K-1's are correct, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why the Beneficiary's percentage of distributive share does not match the 12.5% that I have entered. It is changing the 12.5% x 8 to 13.158% x 6 + 10.526 x2.

When I right click the field on the Idaho K-1 and jump to input, it brings me to screen 7 - 1041 Distributions, but none of the percentages on the forms matches the data I have entered. 

Any thoughts? 

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2

Update: I contacted Lacerte Support who determined that this is a software issue and have escalated it to developers. I was able to enter the distribution dollar amounts in screen 43 Schedule K-1 Overrides / Misc. and my workaround for the percentages is to use Adobe PDF editor to enter the correct amounts on all Idaho K-1's. Not ideal, but the paper return is now correct. 

sjrcpa
Level 15

Thanks for reporting back.

Ex-AllStar