Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the S-Corp module, how do you adjust the calculated QBI for interest income properly allocable to trade or business, per IRS Reg 107892?

elizabeth2
Level 1

The final regulations state "Interest income other than interest income which is properly allocated to trade or business is specifically excluded from qualified items of income, gain, deduction or loss under section 199A(c)(3)(B)(iii)" and yet the S-Corp module seems to default to the position that all interest income is excluded.  I would like to be able to adjust QBI for the interest income that is PROPERLY ALLOCABLE TO TRADE OR BUSINESS. In the S-Corp module, how is this adjustment facilitated.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

I would put that interest income on page 1 of the 1120S instead of on the K-1 interest income line.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
sjrcpa
Level 15

I would put that interest income on page 1 of the 1120S instead of on the K-1 interest income line.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers