Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to send a POA document to my client for e-sign through Lacerte. Do I have to request the 8879's at the same time?

Nicole5
Level 2

I have a remote client. We believe that he is missing a 1099 form from a 401K facilitator from a previous job.  Can I send an individual e-signature request for form 2848 individually without a request for e-signatures for the 8879's?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

See Sending a request with additional documents in

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/how-to-send-an-esignature-request-in-lacerte...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Nicole5
Level 2

Thank you for your response.

I did review the instructions for attaching additional documents to the e-sign process but it was not clear to me if I could send only the POA form 2848 for e-signature.

I suspect that there is missing information that the 2848 will allow me to get so the return will not be complete until I can confirm this.

Do I need to send the e-sign request for the 8879's and form 2848 and just instruct my client to not e-sign the 8879's?

George4Tacks
Level 15

I would hope you could send the 2848 alone. I also would have a time concern. IRS is not working real fast right now. You can post the 2848 online now for quicker service, but I would encourage the client to get an IRS account, then they can get the transcript NOW! Having them do it will be much quicker. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Nicole5
Level 2

I was thinking the same. Thanks for your help! 

0 Cheers