Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a better alternative for a cloud based document management system other the Smart Vault?

geneglaser
Level 1

I have been using Lacerte DMS since it's inception and like it.  But need a cloud based system now.  I tried Smart Vault and do not like it as it is to complicated for my needs.  Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Illni
Level 4

I've been using ATOM online software for about 8 years now -- I learned about it at an expo technology fair in Atlantic City by NATP.  I think it runs about $600 per year or so. I like it's tax client monitoring of incomplete tax returns. Easy to put notes into and has a web portal. Ideally it should work through your tax software, but I patched in ATOM as part of my procedures very successfully and don't want to change it. Also, I am thinking of leaving Lacerte, so I have all of my documents under MY control at ATOM.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Howard
Level 1
HI @geneglaser did you have a trial or buy the actual software?
0 Cheers
Illni
Level 4

I've been using ATOM online software for about 8 years now -- I learned about it at an expo technology fair in Atlantic City by NATP.  I think it runs about $600 per year or so. I like it's tax client monitoring of incomplete tax returns. Easy to put notes into and has a web portal. Ideally it should work through your tax software, but I patched in ATOM as part of my procedures very successfully and don't want to change it. Also, I am thinking of leaving Lacerte, so I have all of my documents under MY control at ATOM.

0 Cheers
geneglaser
Level 1
Thank you, I will take a look at ATOM.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@Illni You have been here quite a while, what other software are you considering and why? Just curiosity.
https://www.atomanager.com/ looks like a pretty good product.  

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Illni
Level 4
I was going to ATX, but I think I chose the "cheap" package and basis information and other carry forwards were going to be too much work to try and put back into the new program, so I gave up and stayed with Lacerte. I think a higher level of ATX might have worked, but the salesperson was not very knowledgeable about "fitting" the program to my needs. I lost patience and gave up.
0 Cheers