Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to enter Box 13 on 1099-DIV

heamarc
Level 1
Where to enter Box 13 on 1099-DIV - Bond Premium On Tax-Exempt Bond in Lacerte?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

I think you meant Box 13 on 1099-INT.  That is the amortized premium paid above and beyond interest payable on covered securities and is used to offset interest received.

You would enter that on Screen 11 under Tax-Exempt Interest on the line for "Amortizable bond premium on tax-exempt bonds".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

I think you meant Box 13 on 1099-INT.  That is the amortized premium paid above and beyond interest payable on covered securities and is used to offset interest received.

You would enter that on Screen 11 under Tax-Exempt Interest on the line for "Amortizable bond premium on tax-exempt bonds".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
TaxMonkey
Level 8

You could enter the tax exempt dividends as tax exempt interest on screen 11.

0 Cheers
WMarsden
Level 2

I'm not sure what you mean by "Screen 11". 

When I put it in Section E Adjustment Information it reduces the interest income the bond kicked off. Why is this a thing? The bond was bought many years ago, and as far as I know we've never reduced it in the past. Was it an election we had to take?

0 Cheers
JGWX5
Level 1

Where do I enter Box 13 1099-INT in Lacerte for Partnership?  Thanks!

0 Cheers