Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone figured out how NOT to include a rental activity for Sec 199A purposes on a 1065 / K-1? I cannot find any boxes on the 8825 section to indicate 199A status.

lisa2
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

To EXCLUDE in Screen 22 Other Information - Section 199 A  second check box. If multiple rentals, you will have to do overrides in Screen 22. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15

To EXCLUDE in Screen 22 Other Information - Section 199 A  second check box. If multiple rentals, you will have to do overrides in Screen 22. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
nbeck
Level 3
The above only excludes the rental income from schedule K and not the K-1.
0 Cheers
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee
@nbeck Technically anything flowing to the Schedule K will then flow to the applicable Schedule K-1(s).  If excluding it from the Schedule K doesn't exclude it from the Schedule K-1, there may be an override entered directly on the Schedule K-1.
0 Cheers
nbeck
Level 3
I checked for overrides and there aren't any.  
0 Cheers
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee
Ahh, could also be that the amount is coming from 'other schedule k items' input that goes to the 'other' line not really broken down on the schedule K itself, but does get included on the schedule k-1.  Example: partnership screen 22, section 'other information'.  Check to see if you have any input here.
0 Cheers
nbeck
Level 3
The only item in that section that has any input is the box that is checked to "exclude rental activities." Which it is excluding on the schedule K just not on the K-1.
0 Cheers
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee
I see what you mean.  I was able to duplicate the issue.  I've looked further and found that this was reported to our developers on the 18th.  If you would like to be notified when issue INV-24963 has been addressed, you can contact support and make this request.  Otherwise, our next program update is scheduled for release tomorrow afternoon.  

Lacerte Release Schedule: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1738593&src=lsccom

You can also receive an email notification each time a program update goes live, by 'following' the ProConnect Lacerte Notifications - Lacerte Tax Program Updates for 2018 & Prior Years: https://accountants-community.intuit.com/announcements/1635976&src=lsccom
0 Cheers