Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to create a new client record in the Lacerte Database based on a web form. How do I do that?

T2020
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Ctrl + A to add a client. 

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1860780-installing-additional-tax-modules-and-stat... to add a new tax type

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
George4Tacks
Level 15

Ctrl + A to add a client. 

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1860780-installing-additional-tax-modules-and-stat... to add a new tax type

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
"...based on a web form"
I don't understand what you mean by this; are you saying you want to produce a specific IRS/State Form that isn't supported by Lacerte?
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Obviously not understanding a question is NOT HELPFUL. We all need to tighten our Swami Fortuneteller turbins.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
It's nice how folks can come back and mark things as not helpful but the can't come back to clarify their question.  

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Ah...the Friday a*holes/trolls are out & about I see.  Time to start the weekend a bit early and just stop trying to help folks out.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Remind me, again, WHY we keep trying :frowning:
@dkazi - If YOU gave me the no vote JUST for asking for clarification, could you explain why?  
Your question is very awkwardly phrased, and not very clear.  
DO you realize this is NOT Intuit support; this is a forum for fellow professional users of the software JUST like you are and we work for free.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
T2020
Level 1
Just like patients visiting their modern-day doctor's office use an iPad to fill out their new client information via an iPad. When the patient fills out the information on the iPad it gets directly stored in the doctors industry specific software. Similarly, we would like to provide our client with an iPad to input all their details into our tax preparation software (Lacerte). Our office is not the only Accounting firm that needs this. Several accountants I speak to our frustrated because Lacerte is in the back ages.  And if Intuit Lacerte's leader ship can't get their act together we can build a web form ourselves provided Intuit (Lacerte) provides us access to read and write to the Lacerte database. Does that makes sense?
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Wow...and we were to decipher that from your cryptic original question?
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
That's what I originally thought the question was, but since I'm not a Lacertian I wasn't positive :open_mouth:

As far as the client inputting all of their data into the tax software, Intuit already does provide that feature.  It's called TurdoTax.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
:joy:
My thoughts exactly...
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers