Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qbi deduction not calculating for K-1 input - I have calculated the deduction manually and it is not calculating in Lacerte for this taxpayer.

paige
Level 2

This taxpayer has QBI of 309616 - filing MFJ - taxable income $459806 before any QBI deduction.  They do not have a spec service business.  They had wages paid of 189535.  I have exported K-1 from lacerte to 1040 and checked line 17 info on the input and it is showing there.  I did put a zero in the SSB column and nothing in the Aggregate bus # column.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

You have found one of Intuit's worst kept secrets ------------ the QBI deduction is not fully functional yet.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

You have found one of Intuit's worst kept secrets ------------ the QBI deduction is not fully functional yet.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Daddy! Are we there yet?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
I'm hungry....
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
anthonyhearn
Level 2
The Section D is not populating
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Patience, Little Beaver

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Thanks Jeff, for handling the Lacerte question (# 1129 ? ) while I was out of the office :smiling_imp:

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
:+1::+1:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers