Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could lacerte be any worse for 2018 taxes? Program is inconsistent, crashes, and is slow. 2017 Lacerte runs faster than 2018 with the same settings? How is that possible?

mlloyd
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

"Could lacerte be any worse for 2018 taxes?"

Yes.  It could be ProSeries for 2018 taxes.   :smiling_imp:

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

"Could lacerte be any worse for 2018 taxes?"

Yes.  It could be ProSeries for 2018 taxes.   :smiling_imp:
0 Cheers
michele
Level 7
I have wanted to use a hammer on it when you have 8 in the office and pay for new all updated equipment and new server and everything runs great but 2018 sit and spins or kicks you out. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I agree...I only have four seats (not eight..)

And only THREE new computers with RAM & hard drive capacity out the wazoo, as I knew this was going to be a tough season anyway.

But the 2018 program has been has been completely unusable if there is more that one person using it at the same time.  I've spent HOURS moving data files around to attempt to stay productive and it has been a challenge to make sure nothing has been lost.

Removing appointments from the display helped early on, but nothing helps right now.  And the program crashes at random times.

It will need to improve, or I am moving on.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers