Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a diagnostic for safe harbor election on 1040 schedule E

sjlacerte
Level 1
I have a diagnostic for the safe harbor election, asking to attach a PDF. I attached the signed PDF, but it will not clear the diagnotistic. How can I fix this?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

This is just to remind you to attach it since Lacerte has no way of knowing whether it's the duly signed statement you attached.  You can safely ignore it and e-file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
itonewbie
Level 15

This is just to remind you to attach it since Lacerte has no way of knowing whether it's the duly signed statement you attached.  You can safely ignore it and e-file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
user082712
Level 1
You can ignore the diagnostic but the return will not e-file since it is a critical diagnostic.  You have to disable the e-file error for the return to process.  There should be a way to make the diagnostic clear so that you can process the return normally.

0 Cheers