Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a client who’s daughter is 27 yrs old and permanently and totally disabled. I could not get the software to answer YES to the question of the EIC Form 4a regarding if the child is permanently and totally disabled in the year. Is there an override?

mvo-tax18
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

In Screen 2, Dependent Info, under EIC, choose Disabled.

mvo-tax18
Level 1

Yes. I did that but it doesn't even place a check mark on either YES or NO. I also tried the FORCE option. It did place a check mark but it's always a NO on it. It should consider the child for EIC purposes, right? Please advise on how to make it a YES. Thanks.

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

On my dummy return, it works fine with that input. It sounds like Lacerte isn't producing a Schedule EIC without you having to check the force EIC worksheets box in Screen 38.2? Do you have any weird diagnostics? Any weird overrides on the Override Diagnostics tab under Forms? Everyone has a birthdate entered? You're not using all 9s as the SSN to run a what-if?

sjrcpa
Level 15

Does the client make too much money for EIC?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers