Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get error #13108. I updated my preparer info with the exclusion code of 04. Now error is it must be greater than 10000000?

Highlighted
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Level 15

More information please. I have used Lacerte for decades and your statement makes no sense to me. You are asking other users and we do NOT have a list of error codes.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted

OP is asking about the NY state exclusion from preparer registration, which gets input into the Preparer Info screen under User Options. 04 is "employee of CPA."

You get that diagnostic when you enter something in the NYTPRIN field that isn't a NYTPRIN. If you're using exclusion code 04, you don't have an NYPRTIN. Leave that field blank.

Highlighted
Level 15
I bow down to your awe inspiring crystal ball! You are my idol. I am very pleased your activity here and your awesome knowledge.

ex-AllStar
Highlighted

LOL! Mind reading is my main superpower.

Also, a dozen years ago I had a NY client and I remembered the NY exclusion box. It only took a little poking around to force Lacerte to give me a diagnostic that seemed to match!

0 Cheers