Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California LLC Form 568

linden963
Level 2
I have a client who has two(2) California Single Member LLC's.

Can both Single Member LLC's be e-filed together therough the personal return progam?

Or do I need to use the Partnership module to file the second Single Member LLC (Califnornia State only)?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
linden963
Level 2

I found my answer:

ProConnect Tax Online can only e-file one Form 568, California Single Member LLC, per individual return. If your client is required to file multiple 568 returns, you will need to create them in the partnership (1065) module of the program in order to e-file. Alternatively, you can complete a waiver at the FTB site in order to paper file the needed returns.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
linden963
Level 2

I found my answer:

ProConnect Tax Online can only e-file one Form 568, California Single Member LLC, per individual return. If your client is required to file multiple 568 returns, you will need to create them in the partnership (1065) module of the program in order to e-file. Alternatively, you can complete a waiver at the FTB site in order to paper file the needed returns.
0 Cheers
linden963
Level 2

I found my answer:

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Lacerte works this way https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1861500-e-filing-multiple-ca-568-smllc-returns-for...  This does not seem to work for PTO, I believe because of the way e-file is handled. 

For PTO There is:

How to generate California Form 568 for a single member LLC
A California single member LLC (SMLLC) return can be prepared within an Individual (1040) or Partnership (1065) return in ProConnect Tax Online.In an individual return:
  1. Go to the Input Return tab.
  2. On the left-hand navigation menu, select State & Local > California SMLLC.
  3. Select the applicable form in Form (Click on arrow to select from list).
  4. Choose the Activity name or number.
If you need to combine multiple businesses on a single Form 568, just scroll down to the Additional Linked Businesses section and select the Form and Activity you want to link.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Sidney
Level 1

There is another way to e-file.  The FTB allows for e-filing on their website.  One way is to create a site for the entity.  I am seeing whether it may also be e-filed using MY FTB as a professional.

0 Cheers
hdurrani
Level 1

I tried to link 2 schedule C businesses for one LLC by doing the above and it didn't work. I also can't find any help online on how to do this.

0 Cheers