Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I e-filed the tax return 10/15 and IRS accepted it (per Lacerte) IRS sends notice wasn't received until 11/9

riamills
Level 1

I e-filed 2 rather large tax returns on 10/15.  Lacerte confirms accepted by the IRS 10/15.  IRS notices state the returns were received 11/9.  I realize I can call the IRS Practitioners Gate but how many of these I am going to get?   Is this an IRS error or Lacerte.  The first one the penalty is in excess of $15k for late filing!!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

Check the Accepted date on the acknowledgement.  That is the official electronic timestamp the IRS will accept (equivalent to the good ol' stamp from USPS) and you can use that to respond to the IRS notice.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/updating-e-file-status-for-selected-returns-...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar