Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot transfer a client to 2018 due to "Invalid Format"- what does this mean and how do i correct?

jastaxes47
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Digging through this frickin' forum is very difficult, so here are some popular ones:

The invalid character that is stopping the transfer is the @ sign in the email address.  Remove that and it will transfer. (Personally I doubt this one)

Client is locked - Back up the client - Unlock and try the proforma again - Lock

From abctax55's theft from another forum ""..it turned out to be an invalid item within the charitable contributions. Apparently i's have an issue. It did  on both of these. Retyping the organization worked."  

Use Ctrl + W to very carefully look at the detail for "wonky" characters. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
abctax55
Level 15

I'm surprised one of these didn't pop up when you were asking your question.

# 2, & # 3 address the issue.

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=invalid&button=

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
With that link, click "Latest Activity" in sort, just to the left of the Orange(?) square

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
So the no votes are out...I was pretty sure I'd get one since my answer required the OP to actually DO something.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Whacking a dog on the snout always gets their attention.  Sometimes the dog learns from the whack and other times you find out how sharp their teeth are :wink::wink:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Digging through this frickin' forum is very difficult, so here are some popular ones:

The invalid character that is stopping the transfer is the @ sign in the email address.  Remove that and it will transfer. (Personally I doubt this one)

Client is locked - Back up the client - Unlock and try the proforma again - Lock

From abctax55's theft from another forum ""..it turned out to be an invalid item within the charitable contributions. Apparently i's have an issue. It did  on both of these. Retyping the organization worked."  

Use Ctrl + W to very carefully look at the detail for "wonky" characters. 

0 Cheers
dfa
Level 3

This link doesn't work any more. Any idea where I can look? Thanks.

0 Cheers
COGS
Level 3

Same problem.  I don't have any invalid characters.  Other office computers can transfer.

0 Cheers