Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I AM LOOKING FOR FORM 8828 BUT CAN'T FIND IT

bbwsmilineyes
Level 1
Can you please help me to do an entry to generate form 8828
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

I see that Lacerte has input for this form, however does not generate it. The input may be found in Taxes>45 Other Taxes>Schedule J, Recapture, Other Taxes>Recapture Taxes>Recapture of federal mortgage subsidy (8828)

The help information for this box from F1 Help states:

Recapture Taxes Screen 45; Code 5

Enter the recapture of federal mortgage subsidy from a manually prepared Form 8828. The program includes this amount on the Total Tax line of Form 1040, page 2 with the description “FMSR”. Attach Form 8828 to the taxpayer's return.

Also, it does not look like this form is supported for e-filing

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

I see that Lacerte has input for this form, however does not generate it. The input may be found in Taxes>45 Other Taxes>Schedule J, Recapture, Other Taxes>Recapture Taxes>Recapture of federal mortgage subsidy (8828)

The help information for this box from F1 Help states:

Recapture Taxes Screen 45; Code 5

Enter the recapture of federal mortgage subsidy from a manually prepared Form 8828. The program includes this amount on the Total Tax line of Form 1040, page 2 with the description “FMSR”. Attach Form 8828 to the taxpayer's return.

Also, it does not look like this form is supported for e-filing
0 Cheers