Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show a non - taxable EID GRANT on the c corp return?

mcs1899
Level 1

A  C corp received a non taxable EIDG Grant.  Because it was deposited into their corp checking account, I have to show the offset as non taxable income.  I don't know where to post it.
Any help, please.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

M-1. Income on books not on tax return.

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

Are you sure it's not taxable?

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

This is Not why you show it: "Because it was deposited into their corp checking account, I have to show the offset as non taxable income."

You show it because they Got it. If the SBA showed up and handed it over in Cash, you would still need to include it.

It's an advance against the EIDL Loan program, and considered to be the forgivable portion because it was issued under an Emergency Advance disaster condition.

For the PPP: You might remember that the news releases were to note that any otherwise tax deductible expenses being paid for by these monies would also not be reported as deductible, when that income is not being reported for taxable purpose. For the EIDL, that doesn't seem to be established, yet.

Here:

https://bench.co/blog/tax-tips/2020-taxes-ppp-eidl-pua/

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.