Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a case escalated

lcorey8310
Level 3

Background: I've used Lacerte for many years, and my IT guy (specializes in accounting firms) has worked with Lacerte for many years also. I've had significant issues with the 2020 S Corporation module. Program updates have corrupted my data. Have spent several hours on the phone with support (I've spoken with countless reps, I've logged 12 hours on the phone/on hold between last Friday and today). Most recently I was informed (by Amber(?)) that my case would be escalated, but the call was dropped. Now back to square zero - again. Words cannot describe my frustration. Someone, anyone, please help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

20 Comments 20
abctax55
Level 15

@IntuitGabi 

@IntuitBettyJo 

Any chance one of you can help out this unhappy customer?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
BobKamman
Level 15

Keep in mind that the word "escalate" comes from "escalator," the device that can move you both upstairs and downstairs.  ("Scala" is Latin for staircase, as one of the early inventors of the moving ones knew.)  So it is quite possible that your case has been escalated -- all the way down to the basement, where the furnace is stoked and the trash collected.

lcorey8310
Level 3

Lol BobKamman! Your explanation makes sense, I've recently been doing some Italian language learning (Latin roots) and the word for "the stairs" is "le scale." 🙂

BobKamman
Level 15

Actually, in Italian it's "la scala."  Which of course demands an explanation of how that opera house in Milan got its name.  Turns out it was built on the site of a church named after the Virgin of the Staircase, which had something to do with the miracle of a midwife reviving a baby while praying under a staircase where religious artwork had been placed.  Learn something every day (and probaby crowd out some useful tax information while at it.)  

lcorey8310
Level 3

Yes, "the staircase" (or the ladder) is la scala but "the stairs" I think is le scale. Anyway, maybe an Intuit midwife will revive my case while praying under a staircase. Or should I do that? Problem is - I'm fresh out of religious artwork. Thank you for your humor, it distracts from my overall feeling of disappointment in Intuit support.

IntuitGabi

Thank you, @abctax55

@lcorey8310 I'll look into this and get back to you with any information I have. 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
lcorey8310
Level 3

Thank you, much appreciated @IntuitGabi.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@lcorey8310    - YVW..... Glad *my* prodding got you some attention...  😉

( Generic Comment )"
lcorey8310
Level 3

Yes, thank you! I'm cautiously optimistic right now....

lcorey8310
Level 3

Hi @IntuitGabi , I received this email:

Hello, this is Bethany with Lacerte. I recently just provided two call backs but they went to voicemail. I will be trying to provide another call back to you around 6 ET. I look forward to hearing from you!

I'm confused - I'm right here at my desk, not on the phone. Not sure what number she is calling?? And it is a no response email, so I can't message her back. There was a reference number in the message, but I can't insert it here, as the post will not go through.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Sounds like cautious is a good thing...

I think you can PM Gabi via this forum with your phone number.  Click on her name, follow the bouncing ball.

( Generic Comment )"
lcorey8310
Level 3

And another email from "Bethany" at 6:47 PM last night saying that she tried to call again. My phone logs show no calls from Intuit yesterday. I can't reply to her emails, either. @IntuitGabi What is your advice in this situation. Is there really someone trying to reach me? And whatever happened to "Amber," who had detailed information about my case Monday, and was in the process of escalating it when the call was dropped? I had given her my number in case that happened, because my previous call that morning had been dropped. No follow up? 

0 Cheers
lcorey8310
Level 3

@abctax55 I was unable to figure out how to PM @IntuitGabi . I have not received any calls from Intuit Tuesday or Wednesday, but I HAVE received 2 calls from Thomson Reuters Ultra Tax, lol (funny but not!). I'm fairly certain that Intuit just wants me to just call again, but really, I don't understand why I should have to repeat the facts over and over, only to have the calls dropped. I have had to tell it so many times already. They agree it needs to be escalated but they can't put me in touch with anyone. Not a great way to end 25 years of being a Lacerte user 😞 But I do appreciate that you cared enough to point me to an Intuit contact, even if it didn't pan out. Thank you. 

abctax55
Level 15

@IntuitGabi 

This is completely, absolutely R I D I C U L O U S.  

I know you guys have many ways to contact us....  try using all of them?????

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

Go to the little envelope up in the upper right corner, between the 'bell' and your avatar.

Click on it, then on the left side of center there's a 'pen/pencil' to edit.  Click on that, start typing in IntuitGabi.... and her address should appear.  Click on it, then draft your 'politely worded complaint' and include your contact info that they seem to mysteriously be  missing.  That way your info isn't shown publicly on the forum.  

Good luck with this.

( Generic Comment )"
IntuitGabi

Thank you @abctax55
@lcorey8310 I received your message and we're looking into this. I take responsibility for the delayed communications. 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".
lcorey8310
Level 3

@IntuitGabi thank you.

ropitluk
Level 1

I called support 5 times today about a business return and all of my calls were dropped.  I am concerned because I have a return due 1/18 and I need assistance.  Is there any way to send a message to get help directly?  Phone support is currently cut-off.

0 Cheers
lcorey8310
Level 3

Roptluk - I think you can PM someone via this forum by clicking on the name. I will see if I can find the name of the Intuit rep who connected me with the ultimate problem solver....give me a minute.

lcorey8310
Level 3

Try @IntuitGabi