Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate 6252 for S Corp sale of Goodwill in Lacerte

accoun5
Level 4

How to generate 6252 for S Corp sale of Goodwill in Lacerte? I tried entering in screen 23, but when I try to click 6252 option for current year installment sale it won't let me click it. It won't let me enter data anywhere in Screen 23 except the Schedule D sale price and costs and dates. How to I get Form 6252 to generate. I read the online instructions and they were not helpful.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Works fine for me. Capture.JPG

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15

Works fine for me. Capture.JPG

George4Tacks
Level 15
Should you be filing a form 8883?

0 Cheers
accoun5
Level 4

Thanks- so much. I appreciate it. However, when I'm in screen 23 in the S Corp module, the only place I can enter data is sale, cost, sale date and purchase date. I can't access the principal payment or payment section below that you described because is is greyed out.  Also, this is an actual sale of self-created goodwill so I don't think 8883.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Try clicking on the "+" to the left of the 'Current Year Installment Sale' to see if it opens up the grid.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
accoun5
Level 4

She sold only her customer list and is getting paid a % of sales over time. She still has the S Corp.

0 Cheers
accoun5
Level 4

Thanks-your solution is perfect. My problem was I needed to hover over the beige margin in Lacerte and pull it down so I could see the 6252 section of screen 23. Somehow, the show/hide grid icon must have been turned off. My solution was to hover over the bottom tabs until I saw the show/hide grid icon and I dragged it up.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
You likely click the doohicky shown in this article https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/display-preferences/help/missing-or-hidden-grid-at-the-top-o...

0 Cheers