Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add "SCH" to left of wording on 1040, Line 1?

Locaste
Level 2

How to add "SCH" to the left of wording on 1040, Line 1?

The IRS says to do this:

Generally, you report any portion of a scholarship, a fellowship grant, or other grants that you must include in gross income as follows:

• If filing Form 1040 (PDF) or Form 1040-SR (PDF), include the taxable portion in the total amount reported on the "Wages, salaries, tips" line of your tax return. If the taxable amount wasn't reported on Form W-2, enter "SCH" along with the taxable amount in the space to the left of the "Wages, salaries, tips" line.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Locaste
Level 2

For any newbie out there like me...this can't be put under the wages screen 10 it has to go to the screen 14.1 SS Benefits, Alimony, Misc...on the scholarship line. There is not a checkbox as indicated above in the 2019 Lacerte. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

Check the Scholarship box

Ex-AllStar
Locaste
Level 2

Not finding the Scholarship box anywhere near the Wages information. Can you direct me to the correct screen please? 

0 Cheers
Locaste
Level 2

For any newbie out there like me...this can't be put under the wages screen 10 it has to go to the screen 14.1 SS Benefits, Alimony, Misc...on the scholarship line. There is not a checkbox as indicated above in the 2019 Lacerte. 

0 Cheers