Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you remove an Amended return in lacerte

PPECPA
Level 4

Trying to clear or remove and amended return in Lacerte.  Can anyone help?

Much thanks!

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
PPECPA
Level 4

What I meant was I did a tax return (individual) and then amended it after I e-filed.  Only to later learn that the return was rejected.  Now that I've amended said return, I need to "unamend" it.  So I'm trying to clear the amended election in input screen 59, but I'm unable to.

Can anyone help?

0 Cheers
Joni T EA
Level 2

Was the original return or the amended return rejecte

0 Cheers
Joni T EA
Level 2

It might be easier to fix what caused the original return to be rejected and then resubmit it.  Then the amended return would be correct.

Also, since you are correcting a return before the due date you should be filing a superseded return. The superseded return will  replace the originally.  The superseded return is now considered an original return.  It will be processed as an originally return and not take months like an amended return does.

0 Cheers
PPECPA
Level 4

Hey Joni

Original return was at first accepted.  When I learned I needed to make a correction, I amended it.  After I amended it and tried to e-file, the original came back as rejected.

Hope that helps to clarify

PPE

0 Cheers
PPECPA
Level 4

Hi Joni

Ok, to be sure I understand, I go to box I now check the box to File superseded return after I make the corrections even though the original return was rejected?  

Just want to be sure.  Oh and thanks Joni!

PPE

0 Cheers
PPECPA
Level 4

Hey Joni,

One more thing both the original and amended return were rejected.  What I would like to do now is just file the return as I have corrected what I hope is the issue causing the rejection.  

Can I do that?  What I'm trying to do is now just file the return without the amended 1040X.

Thoughts? 

0 Cheers
pat
Level 5

Where is the box to check for superseded return?

0 Cheers