Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you pause depreciation for one year in lacerte without zeroing out the deprciation expense in each asset?

Jen2260
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Code_Reader
Level 3

Can you explain why you want to do this?

0 Cheers
Jen2260
Level 2

I have a schedule c that I don't want to include on the current year tax return because of possible hobby rule issue but we may reactivate in the future, so I don't want any current depreciation taken and I don't want to remove all the assets.  I also want to avoid having to go into each asset and zeroing out the depreciation.

0 Cheers
Code_Reader
Level 3

Got it. Can't help you there, I hope someone comes along who can.

Code_Reader

0 Cheers
Jen2260
Level 2

Ok, thank you anyway

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Depending on the number of different assets, can you enter "0%" for business usage?

You have to remember next year to correct it back again.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Lacerte doesn't like zeroes.

How many assets are we talking about? I'd just override each one's depreciation.

Ex-AllStar
Jen2260
Level 2

Yes, I know I could  do that but was looking for a quicker/easier way.

0 Cheers
pamdory
Level 8

When I do this I use code 17, "Form 4562 only", in the Form column (first column after the description of property).  You retain the asset on the schedule but it goes nowhere and you don't get diagnostics.