Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we enter aca self employed health insurance if both taxpayer and spouse are self employed and receive one Form 1095-a?

plew
Level 1

self employed married couple received a Form 1095-A. both taxpayer and spouse are self-employed. They ended up having to pay back their premium tax credit. However, Lacerte is limiting the amount of self employed health insurance deduction to just one spouse(i.e. the other spouse doesn't get a self employed health insurance deduction). how do we enter this scenario into lacerte so that the premium tax credit is paid back and both self-employed taxpayer and spouse each get a self employed health insurance deduction?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would just make a balancing entry in Screen 24 SE Health Insurance, 1st entry put in a positive for one and a negative for the other to make the totals come out even. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would just make a balancing entry in Screen 24 SE Health Insurance, 1st entry put in a positive for one and a negative for the other to make the totals come out even. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers