Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer information to Form 965-A?

eeyore
Level 3

My client received a K-1 with Form 965 Schedules G & H completed.  My understanding of Form 954 is that, first, this relates to the 2017 tax year, and the results flow to Form 965, lines 5 and 27. No problem here.  Where I'm having difficulty is getting the required 965 information to flow to Form 965-A.  Frankly, I have no idea what the Taxpayer's Net Tax Liability with all 965 amounts would be, and I would expect that at a minimum, Lacerte would flow the Taxpayer's Net Tax Liability without 965 amounts to this form.  Can anyone help me??

Thanks!

Elaine Ragland, CPA

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Prepare the return as usual. That's your "with" calculation. Then clone the file, delete the 965 amounts, and see what the tax is. That's the "without" calculation. Key those numbers into Screen 90.1.

The 965-A input is, entirely inexplicably, in Screen 45.5. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Prepare the return as usual. That's your "with" calculation. Then clone the file, delete the 965 amounts, and see what the tax is. That's the "without" calculation. Key those numbers into Screen 90.1.

The 965-A input is, entirely inexplicably, in Screen 45.5. 

0 Cheers