Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up dual monitors

joannep
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
abctax55
Level 15

I  * assume* you have the proper video cards.

Go to Windows settings > System > Display, and click on the various options to get things to show as you like them (identify, detect, etc)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
joannep
Level 3

Sorry I probably didn't ask the question properly.  How do I set up dual monitors in my Lacerte program?  

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

See if this helps:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/detail-forms-split-view/00/5600

( Generic Comment )"
kreinard
Employee
Employee

As long as you have the hardware set up correctly to take advantage of dual monitors, it's pretty easy. We have an old split view tool that's been in the software for years, it's ok but not great. Our newer tool is better...If you want to take the forms tab to a different monitor, while in data entry click the F button on the far right of the top button bar. This will take the Forms (review) screen to your second monitor automatically.  So, when entering data on monitor 1 you can see the changes to the forms and schedules on monitor 2.  We added a D button as well, so if you have 3 monitors you can see data entry, diags, and forms on three separate monitors.  

Clicking the D and F buttons will activate the feature just for that session, if you shut Lacerte down and open it gain it will revert back to not putting the diags and forms on your other monitors. If you want always have this feature "on", go to Options/Settings Tab...at the bottom of the first section find the option that says "auto pop-out Forms and Diagnostics" and set it to yes.   

bendercpa
Level 1

Is there a way to change the monitor to which the forms screen pops out?  I have 3 monitors, and it always pops out to the "3rd" monitor, when I would like it to be on the "2nd" monitor...

Thanks!

0 Cheers
laccpa
Level 3
I feel like mine just started doing this in the last month or so. I see you didn't get an answer and I have looked high and low to find a way to set a default monitor for forms. DId you find a way to do this other than changing your monitor identities in Windows? My software currently opens on monitor 3 and the forms pop out on 4. I think it may be set to follow the the software so that makes sense. I did have an issue with my monitors several months ago and may have accidentally changed the setting/identities.
0 Cheers
joanielowe
Level 1

How do you get d and f buttons. 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

The  top *menu* bar with all the icons.... all the way to the right are ones that look like monitors & are marked 'D' & 'F'.

( Generic Comment )"
foskiewife
Level 2

Thank you!   Finally found the missing information needed to finalize the action.

0 Cheers