Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i remove Critical Diagnostic Warning ref #705?

kathy3
Level 1

How do I remove Critical Diagnostic Warning #705, Penalty has been waived and no reason for waiver is present, nothing is inputted in screen 8 other than what has been rolled over?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

If the 2210 is generating, and has a wavier, this diagnostic will generate. Diagnostic REF. #705 will be cleared by putting a reason for Waiver in Screen 8; Code 46 Reason for Waiver of Penalty box. The 2210 that is generating for me, shows in Part II, page 1, 85% waiver.

The IRS announced this in January:

IRS waives penalty for many whose tax withholding and estimated tax payments fell short in 2018

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USIRS/bulletins/228ad19

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

If the 2210 is generating, and has a wavier, this diagnostic will generate. Diagnostic REF. #705 will be cleared by putting a reason for Waiver in Screen 8; Code 46 Reason for Waiver of Penalty box. The 2210 that is generating for me, shows in Part II, page 1, 85% waiver.

The IRS announced this in January:

IRS waives penalty for many whose tax withholding and estimated tax payments fell short in 2018

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USIRS/bulletins/228ad19

0 Cheers
trodneyea
Level 2

I figured out that this is due to the IRS waiver due to only paying in 85% instead of 90% of the current year's taxes.  The program is automatically waiving it, but you need to put in an explanation.  I just put a the following in the explanation section..."Waiving penalty based on IRS Notice 2019-11"  That got rid of the diagnostic.

0 Cheers