Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I open Link in MS Edge instead of MS Explorer (from Lacerte)?

RobynK
Level 3

Now that I'm using Lacerte 2021, it defaults to MS Explorer when opening Link, and I hate that!  How do I change the browser that Lacerte uses?
Thanks for any help!

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Sorry, Lacerte doesn't let us vote on the browser. Honestly I am surprised that links even work. My default browser is Chrome and Lacerte program links open in Chrome. Their online product ProConnect only works in Chrome and Firefox. I am guessing Lacerte will only work in those two. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
RobynK
Level 3

I'd be happy to have it open in Chrome, but I don't know how to fix it.  My 2020 Lacerte opens Link in MS Edge.  Anything but Explorer!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
RobynK
Level 3

Thank you, but that doesn't seem to work within the hosted environment.  I've got my default browser set on my computer but it doesn't seem to matter once I'm in Right Networks.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I guess you will need to learn to love what Lacerte loves. Sorry. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
RobynK
Level 3

Just to update anyone reading this thread, I called LaCerte and they said this was a mistake and they're aware of it.  It's in the process of being fixed and they'll send an update when it's ready.